School Library Month is celebrated annually in April to recognize the essential role of school library programs in transforming learning. This year's theme is School Libraries Transform Learning. A School Library is the heart of the school. Libraries open doors for learners...to dream, to explore, to learn. School libraries transform learning because Googling an answer isn't enough---
Students need to learn how to locate, access and evaluate information as they develop essential information and digital literacy, research skills that are necessary for both college and career readiness---lifelong skills.
During the month of April events are planned to celebrate the coolest place on campus!
- Be a part of our new Makerspace: Sign-up your team for the engineering Build-a-Bridge contest
- Learn how to create book trailers with an app like VoiceThread of your favorites to add to our book blog or around the library with a QR code
- Find book spines to create lines of poetry (check out Pinterest for inspiration search "Book Spine Poetry"
- Thank you to the Taft CHS Booster Club for funding the new SAT, AP Test prep materials that are being added to the collection!
- Find out how to access the EBSCO High School Collection trial of e-books!