Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2016 Letter to My Parents Contest in Los Angeles


The Rotary Club of Filipinotown and Reiyukai America is pleased to invite teens and youth living in Los Angeles County to participate in the 2016 Letter to My Parents Contest (TM) in Los Angeles. 

To participate, a contestant must write a letter to his/her parent(s) or legal guardian and submit it to the organizing committee by the due date of Friday, January 22, 2016. The letters that qualify for the final stage will be read by the original writers in front of the judges who will select three winners based on pre-selected categories: Proposal, Reflection, and Bravery

Participants must be between the ages of 15 to 20 residing in the County of Los Angeles. Participants 17 years of age or younger must have permission to participate in the contest. 

Writing a Letter: The submitted letter must be written under a positive intention of maintaining a healthy relationship or to improve the current family situation. 

5.1 Guiding Questions
The participant may use one or more of the suggested guiding questions to write the letter.
-How have my parent's experiences and influence affect or shape the person I am today?
-What my parent(s) or guardian(s) means to me?
-What are my thoughts about how we are a family?
-What would I like to do for my parent(s) or guardian(s)?
-How can I improve relationships in my family?

Entries may be submitted online or your submission can be emailed. More information and forms are available at their website, http://losangeleslmp.com/index.html 

No comments: